Opportunity versus purpose. Which one wins?
Or is there a winner?
When you think about the business world so much of it was built on seeing an opportunity and going for it.
But is that actually the way that is best for you personally?
What about the purpose side of things?
Is it better to build or create a purpose driven business instead?
I know, that’s a lot of questions right there…
And I do my best to answer those questions in this podcast.
If it comes to happiness and success, there’s a chance one may be a better bet than the other.
The reality is our entire global society has been built based on taking advantage of great opportunities.
It’s given us and the entrepreneurs who created the businesses incredible technologies, and freedoms we never thought possible.
Taking advantage of the opportunities that popped up has literally shaped the way we live.
In fact, we are trained by other entrepreneurs to look for opportunities and to solve problems.
Which is great.
The interesting question is…
Is that actually the right approach?
Well, if we’re looking at all the great things it’s done for us, than yes.
But let’s consider “purpose” for a second.
Of those businesses that were created on jumping on certain opportunities, are the ones who created those businesses happier or better because of it?
Well, that’s the debate.
And in this episode, you’ll hear all about opportunity versus purpose debate.
I think you’ll even be surprised at some of what comes up.
So take a listen.
Listen To The Episode Here
Opportunity Versus Purpose Highlights
- How and why we constantly create businesses based on opportunity first.
- Why finding a need and filling it is ALWAYS a good thing.
- Why creating a business based around your purpose is not done as much.
- Are entrepreneurs happier when creating an opportunity based business or purpose-driven business?
- Why having a purpose may not actually exist and is something we created.
- What your purpose could actually be instead.
- Where the idea of having a purpose comes from.
- Why a purpose-based business can be a challenging thing to create.
- Why your true identity is so important with all of this.
- What it is we are all searching for in the end.
- How opportunity based industries and businesses have created the world we live in today.
- Is it good to create a business based on your passion?
- How to approach an opportunity to make sure it’ll be the right one for you.
- What has happened to entrepreneurs when they focus solely on opportunities.
Oh, and one last thing…
I could have recorded this and spoken all about the incredible opportunities out there.
Or spoken about all sorts of business strategies.
But when it comes down to it…
Those strategies all end up leading back to the same elements.
So I thought it would be good to hear about those pieces in this episode on opportunity versus purpose.