The whole quest for more is a really interesting topic if you think about it. As entrepreneurs, we want more…
More, more, more, more.
If we didn’t we wouldn’t grow our businesses, and we wouldn’t grow personally.
So the quest for more is a good thing when it comes to growth. It also gives you a purpose, a meaning to what you are doing which you’ll hear more about in this episode.
But as much as the quest for more is a good thing, it is also one of the biggest things that cause most of our issues.
The constant quest for more teaches us to chase.
It teaches and tells us to never be happy with what we have.
So it creates a type of Jekyll and Hyde scenario as in we have one side of things that are nice and great and the other side that can turn into a monster.
And in my dealings with thousands of entrepreneurs over the years I can honestly say this insatiable thirst for more has caused a tremendous amount of pain, struggle, and unhappiness in many of them.
What’s really interesting is that most of them are not aware that it’s this journey for “more” that is a big factor in all of this.
So in this episode, I dive into all of this. You’ll hear why this is a really good thing, why it’s a really bad thing, and what you can do to find a happy medium with all of it.
So take a listen. I’m bettin’ you’ll feel a bit of yourself in hearing this.
Listen To The Quest For More And Why This Is Crushing Entrepreneurs
The Quest For More Episode Highlights
- Why the quest for more is one of the best traits you can have
- What the pursuit of having more has done for our society.
- How this benefits your life.
- Why this is also one of the worst things that can happen to you.
- How it impacts your well being and peace of mind.
- Figuring out when enough is enough.
- What questions you need to ask yourself to figure out if your quest for more is in an unhealthy state.
- How speed and moving fast plays into the pursuit for more.
- How attachments can make an impact on this.
- How you can use this to move your life in a different direction.
- What ends up being removed from your life when you on this quest.
As always, the podcasts and articles you read here are meant to raise awareness to many things that are not spoken about much in the entrepreneurial world.
This topic on wanting, chasing, and pursuing more is probably one of the most important topics I can speak about.
That’s because our society is structured to enforce this. Everything we do is based on “achieving or acquiring” something.
Again, there is nothing wrong with that.
But it’s the constant push, and drive for more that can really shift your life in either a good or a bad way.
So really make sure that you understand the difference.