Entrepreneurial loneliness is a real thing. No, seriously, it is real. I mean at some point everyone is lonely. Not just entrepreneurs. But there is a different type of loneliness that entrepreneurs face.
For non-entrepreneurs, it’s hard to explain.
But for entrepreneurs, we know it all too well.
And it really seems to pop up a lot if you work online. If you think about it, a lot of online work means actually disconnecting from people with face to face contact.
Just that lack of face to face with people can bring on some big bouts of loneliness.
But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t affect entrepreneurs who run offline businesses.
It runs rampant for those entrepreneurs as well.
Since this is a real thing…
I wanted to really go into why this happens, how this happens, and what you can do to overcome it.
Now does this mean that every single entrepreneur goes through this? No.
But a large majority of us do, and we keep it buried inside and suffer silently.
But you don’t really have to.
Social connections are needed for our survival. But social connections are also needed to help us grow our businesses.
As they say…
Entrepreneurship can help you live the life of your dreams.
But it can also really isolate you and hurt the social aspect of your life. So it’s important that this doesn’t happen or get too far out of control.
So if you’ve ever felt like you were alone as an entrepreneur…
Or you felt like no one really understood what you’re trying to do…
And you’d like to overcome some of those feelings…
Check out this episode. I’m pretty sure you’ll pick up a few things that will be really helpful.
Entrepreneurial Loneliness And How To Overcome It
- Why we deal with loneliness
- How it happens
- What happens when we feel too alone
- How it impacts your personal relationships
- How it impacts your business
- Why entrepreneurs with lots of employees still feel lonely.
- Why entrepreneurs with families and lots of friends still feel alone
- Why sacrifice is the key to connection or loneliness
- How most entrepreneurs deal with feeling alone
- Why the way entrepreneurs normally deal with it makes the loneliness worse
- Why your loved ones are not able to help with the loneliness
- The biggest key to not feeling alone
- The difference between connecting with entrepreneurs and non-entrepreneurs
- Why the content you create matters
- Why loneliness is even worth discussing
Now I’ll be honest…
From what I see, and from what I pick up on in conversations…
Entrepreneurial loneliness is that very few talk about.
We have this belief that we have to be indestructible. But that is the furthest thing from the truth.
We are human.
And we deal with way more shit than anyone else does. So we need to have a way to express our feelings and connect with people to be able to work through those tough times.
I don’t expect non-entrepreneurs to understand what it’s like, but that’s O.K.
I just want you to know that if you feel alone sometimes as an entrepreneur, you are not the only one.
And it’s my hope that this episode opens up a new level of awareness for you, and gives a few good tips to help if you have those “lonely” moments.
As always, if you have any comments or questions on entrepreneurial loneliness, just let me know.